At DRAW, we get to pursue innovative ideas every day, and you’ll be able to do the same. Whether we are exploring new concepts, experimenting with new technology, or advancing as a professional, you’ll be encouraged to pursue the things that matter to you.
We pursue radical ideas and architectural excellence, and we love the challenge. With DRAW, you will work with a team dedicated to going beyond the required minimums in the effort to create compelling, innovative, and sophisticated design solutions.
At DRAW, you will have the chance to grow as a designer and an architect. Whether learning new architectural modeling programs or versing yourself on the latest industry standards, our mentorship program ensures that a member of our team will be rooting you on as you advance.
Interested in Working With DRAW?
Headquartered in the Crossroads Arts District near downtown Kansas City, DRAW architecture + urban design is committed to bettering our community through the built environment. By implementing our proven methods of Positive Impact Design, we elevate the urban and site context, going beyond great aesthetics to understand the cultural + social dynamics, applying our radically resourceful process to design with empathy + activism.
The Culture at DRAW fosters a dedication to craft and client support while fully embracing the principles of Positive Impact Design. We continually improve communication and enhance essential processes through team input and education while applying our fundamental values.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work to email@example.com. DRAW architecture + urban design provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran and any other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRAW is interviewing for an Architectural Designer with 5-8 years of experience. The role assists in managing projects and developing design or technical solutions under the supervision of a more senior architect.
- Manage small to medium-sized projects with limited oversight from more Senior Architects and Firm Leadership.
- Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions.
- Independently make preliminary decisions on architectural design problems and methods.
- Develop design or technical solutions as part of the project team – with support.
- Perform assignments related to design, marketing, and administrative tasks.
- Manage less experienced design staff on your assigned projects.
- Implement finished renderings, drawings, and presentation material throughout all project phases.
- Take, coordinate and distribute meeting notes.
- Assist Principals as required.
- Perform design and fabrication duties as needed.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, while being flexible and responding to () evolving needs and schedules.
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketchup, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and rendering software such as Enscape or Rhino.
- Ability to work on a team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to receive and give feedback that is constructive and positive.
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Professional License or certifications preferred.
- Minimum equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- Specialization in sustainability and LEED accreditation is a PLUS
- Applications must include portfolio/work samples
By continually exploring solutions and their impacts, we challenge established thinking about budgetary and environmental resources. We unceasingly strive to provide positive impact.
Be moved by our world and let it influence and uplift our work and each other. Find artful resolutions to our client’s problems.
Connect and engage our community, colleagues, clients, and tools of our craft. Understand others to promote diversity, equity, and generosity.
Stay present and engage in timely communication within the project context, complexities, and individual client needs. Operate with a sense of urgency, careful consideration, and a positive attitude.
Let our dedication show. Seek expertise through precision, thought leadership, and professionalism. Be genuine in the pursuit of design excellence.