At DRAW, we get to pursue innovative ideas every day, and you’ll be able to do the same. Whether we are exploring new concepts, experimenting with new technology, or advancing as a professional, you’ll be encouraged to pursue the things that matter to you.
We pursue radical ideas and architectural excellence, and we love the challenge. With DRAW, you will work with a team dedicated to going beyond the required minimums in the effort to create compelling, innovative, and sophisticated design solutions.
At DRAW, you will have the chance to grow as a designer and an architect. Whether learning new architectural modeling programs or versing yourself on the latest industry standards, our mentorship program ensures that a member of our team will be rooting you on as you advance.
Interested in Working With DRAW?
Headquartered in the Crossroads Arts District near downtown Kansas City, DRAW architecture + urban design is committed to bettering our community through the built environment. By implementing our proven methods of Positive Impact Design, we elevate the urban and site context, going beyond great aesthetics to understand the cultural + social dynamics, applying our radically resourceful process to design with empathy + activism.
The Culture at DRAW fosters a dedication to craft and client support while fully embracing the principles of Positive Impact Design. We continually improve communication and enhance essential processes through team input and education while applying our fundamental values.
By continually exploring solutions and their impacts, we challenge established thinking about budgetary and environmental resources. We unceasingly strive to provide positive impact.
Stay present and engage in timely communication within the project context, complexities, and individual client needs. Operate with a sense of urgency, careful consideration, and a positive attitude.
DRAW is currently interviewing Landscape Architects with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to effectively participate and contribute to a collaborative design process. A Landscape Architect provides design and technical leadership on landscape architecture projects. Directly supports the Principal-in-Charge or Landscape Architecture Manager on complex projects. Is responsible for the pursuit and implementation of quality work through project management, extraordinary design, clear project documentation, project approach development, and communications. This position requires an ability to work on a variety of project scales, from planning to detail design in a fast-paced office.
- 3-6 years of experience in a design and planning firm.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in landscape architecture
- Experience in planning and design, including project definition, conceptual planning and design, contract documentation, and project management. Knowledge of grading, planting design, bidding and negotiation, and construction observation is also required.
- Licensed in Landscape Architecture preferred
- Professional experience that clearly demonstrates a passion for quality and innovation
- Self-directed and initiative-taking with demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Proven ability to build consensus amongst clients, team members, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads
- Excellent ability to multi-task, responding to constantly changing needs and schedules
- Strong graphic and design skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD. Preference for experience in Rhino or other 3D visualization programs
DRAW is interviewing for an Architectural Designer with 5-8 years of experience. The role assists in managing projects and developing design or technical solutions under the supervision of a more senior architect.
- Manage small to medium-sized projects with limited oversight from more Senior Architects and Designers.
- Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions.
- Independently make preliminary decisions on architectural design problems and methods.
- Develop design or technical solutions as part of the project team – often with significant oversight
- Perform assignments related to design, marketing, and administrative tasks.
- Manage less experienced design staff on your assigned projects.
- Implement finished renderings, drawings, and presentation material throughout all project phases.
- Coordinate meeting notes.
- Assist Principal as required.
- Perform design and fabrication duties as needed.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, responding to constantly changing needs and schedules.
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketchup, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and rendering software such as Enscape or Rhino.
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Professional License or certifications preferred..
- Minimum equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- Applications must include portfolio/work samples